Thank you for registering for a service-learning position. In order for you to be referred to your agency you must complete the following steps:
1. Review the PowerPoint presentation (/upload/Final Online GSLIS.ppt)
2. Take the GSLIS quiz (link is in the PowerPoint)
3. Email your program advisor that you have completed the quiz.
Once that is done, your program advisor will email you your referral letter. From there the following steps still need to happen:
1. Contact your agency to set up a time to meet with them.
2. Present the referral to your agency and once your placement is secured, have your agency complete and sign your referral letter.
3. Return referral letter to our office
4. Start serving!
Awards and Recognition
In recognition of the service and engagement of our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners, Michigan State University was awarded the following prestigious awards in 2014
2014 U.S. President's "Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll (with Distinction)"
2014 Carnegie Foundation "Elective Community Engagement" Classification
2014 Michigan Campus Compact "Engaged Campus of the Year"