Services & Support
The MSU Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement (CSLCE) supports university faculty and academic staff across all colleges and majors in creating community engaged teaching and learning opportunities.
Services offered include:
- Facilitation of university-community partnersships
- Curriculum planning and development assistance
- Student service-learning orientations
- A Service-Learning Toolkit to assist MSU faculty and instructors in creating service-learning courses
- Tools of Engagement, a web-based curriculum on community engaged learning
- Student enrollment database to register for service-learning positions
Faculty interested in receiving support from the CSLCE may fill out the quick assistance request form below. Initial meetings with CSLCE academic staff can also be coordinated through this form. In order to ensure adequate time for planning quality community engagement experiences, faculty requests for assistance need to be submitted by the following deadlines*.
- Fall semester- July 15
- Spring semester- October 15
- Summer semester- March 15
* Priority goes to those who complete requests on time. For forms submitted after the deadline, the academic team will review the request and determine if we are able to provide support.
Awards and Recognition
In recognition of the service and engagement of our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners, Michigan State University was awarded the following prestigious awards in 2014
2014 U.S. President's "Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll (with Distinction)"
2014 Carnegie Foundation "Elective Community Engagement" Classification
2014 Michigan Campus Compact "Engaged Campus of the Year"