Faculty Services & Support
The MSU Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement (CSLCE) supports university faculty and academic staff across all colleges and majors in creating community engaged learning opportunities.
Services and support offered include:
- Facilitation of university-community partnersships
- Faculty development workshops
- Curriculum planning and development assistance
- Student orientations
- A Service-Learning Toolkit to assist MSU faculty and instructors in creating service-learning courses
- Tools of Engagement, a web-based curriculum on community engaged learning
- Student registration database
Awards and Recognition
In recognition of the service and engagement of our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners, Michigan State University was awarded the following prestigious awards in 2014
2014 U.S. President's "Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll (with Distinction)"
2014 Carnegie Foundation "Elective Community Engagement" Classification
2014 Michigan Campus Compact "Engaged Campus of the Year"